James Tissot - En Plein Soleil [c.1881] on Flickr.
This group portrait includes the artist’s companion, Kathleen Newton, at left, her children, Cecil George Newton and Muriel Mary Violet Newton, and two unidentified figures, who may be Kathleen’s elder sister, Mary Hervey, and one of her daughters, Isabelle or Lilian. The setting appears to be Tissot’s garden in St. John’s Wood, London. Based on at least one photograph taken by Tissot, this composition was originally known only by means of the artist’s etching after the painting.
[Metropolitan Museum of Art - Oil on wood, 24.8 x 35.2 cm]
- bourbakiaxiom likes this
- lies reblogged this from gandalf1202
- thenexttimelord reblogged this from kungphooey
- thenexttimelord likes this
- kungphooey reblogged this from gandalf1202
- drunkoncola reblogged this from gandalf1202
- nataliakoptseva likes this
- luisketch reblogged this from mycolorbook
- mycolorbook reblogged this from gandalf1202
- mycolorbook likes this
- thaumas89 likes this
- gandalf1202 posted this